Monday, September 7, 2015

Own your OSR


This is going to be the briefest of briefs tonight.  Got back from a family vacation last night and I see a lot has gone on in a week.

Specifically, I'm talking about the whole "Tournament of Rapists" / One Book Shelf fiasco.  By now, you're probably marginally aware.  I won't go into detail, but censorship may happen because the internet is full of idiots, assholes, and pearl-clutching cretins.

Back to my vacation - pickings were slim (I forgot to buy horror magazines before the trip).  So, I read the paper in the airport while my flight was delayed because of inclement weather.  Something about Prince, Jay Z, and some music platform streaming whatever called Tidal.  I have nothing to do with any of that, save for the fact that many artists are creating their own resources, their own outlets, their own avenue of revenue.

Yep, there's money to be had, folks.  30% royalty isn't all that shitty since I didn't have to chip in for the infrastructure and I don't have to handle processing, etc., etc.  But let's face it, 10 - 15% would be a hell of a lot sweeter.  Hey, there's talk of the OSR (and other RPG authors) banding together.  Why not join forces to increase profit - even if this whole books-being-cyber-burned thing is just a boogeyman?

For those interested, here's the link.  Don't be a slave...

VS


No comments:

Post a Comment