Thursday, January 16, 2014

And so it goes...


Thought about calling this post "The Writing Continues" or "Quiet before the Storm".  So, what have I been up to lately?


  • Culling the remaining sacrifices for Dread K'tulu as part of our mutually binding kickstarter agreement.
  • Finished the old school fighter character class variations: templar knight, slayer, and reaver.  Now, it's Ed's turn to work his layout magic.  Three Swordsmen should be out in early February for FREE!
  • One of the less than totally satisfying (for me) elements of LotDS was the demon slaying sword Kalthalax.  Sure, its cool, but more could have been done.  Well, my next blog post (Monday?) will be a fresh treatment of the titular blade, including some history, hidden powers, etc.  I'm just waiting on the artwork.
  • Working with artists for the new cover and interior illustrations to get things as awesome as possible.
  • My time is limited with all the stuff I'm doing, work, wife, kids, etc.  It can take hours of that precious commodity to learn a new rules-set, and then a session or two of growing pains to get things just right.  I've been using the Swords & Wizardry complete RPG as my system du jour.  Ran a one-shot Purple playtest over the weekend.  One of my players decided upon the monk.  Long story short, I didn't agree with some of the monk's S&W aspects.  Now, I don't know if the next old school class PDF should be monk variations or the ice and fire mages I've been pondering...
  • Speaking of Purple playtests, that was the 3rd session of The Islands of Purple-Haunted Putrescence I've run with lots more ahead.  I think everyone would agree that trying stuff out is a crucial part of the RPG design process, even if you're only designing an adventure.  Anyways, it was a good time.  Things are taking shape.  However, I can only playtest so much, plus I'm incredibly biased!  Which brings me to...

Purple Playtest Packets!!!

That's right, Next, two can play at that game!  Starting February 15th, I'll be offering small sections of Purple material for backers/pre-orders to playtest.  That means you can try out a particular bit of setting, rules, monsters, etc. before its release... and hopefully provide me with some constructive feedback.  

Those interested (same goes for pre-ordering the book) should contact me:  Venger.Satanis via yahoo.  Please put either "PPP" or "pre-order" in your email's subject line.

Thanks,

VS

p.s.  "Purpled" artwork by Michael Raston.





No comments:

Post a Comment